Friday, March 29, 2013

Open Your Heart

Am I living with an honest heart? This is what one must always ask oneself. You must maintain an honest heart. It is only by doing so that you will achieve peace. Peace comes with an honest and sincere heart.

Have you been honest with your spouse? Tell your spouse you love him or her every day. Never fail at this. You may not wake tomorrow. He or she may not come home tonight. Life is uncertain. Do not take love for granted. It is a gift only a few receive.

The words are easy. 

Today is the day you are to embrace life. Open your heart.

1 comment:

  1. True words. I've loved and hated in my relatively short life. Fortunately, I've loved a lot more than I've hated. Hating has been a source of strength though. It can be such a toxic, debilitating emotion, but sometimes, like all things, I think it has its place. It can give us the strength to overcome adversity. As long as we don't hold onto to it for too long.

    The word "love" gets tossed around very easily in our society. "I love that TV show!" "I love that song!" "I love lasagna!" But I don't think most of us really mean it when we talk about inanimate objects ("I love my car!"). A lot of believe they mean it when they say it about people or animals, but I wonder about that too sometimes. "Hate" and "love" get tossed around too much.

    My fiancée Christy and I tell each other we love each other often, every day. And we mean it.

    ReplyDelete